Apr 1, 2012

A Lifetime of Using Polka Dot Casserole as a Guide

The following is a recipe from the 1970s for Polka Dot Macaroni & Cheese Casserole. By keeping a copy of this and listening to my Grandmother's advice that "recipes are a GUIDELINE and raid your pantry to use what you have," I've also given you a list of my other recipes & suggestions based on this.

Polka Dot Macaroni & Cheese Casserole (original)
    Polka Dot Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
  • 7 oz. macaroni (cooked & drained)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 11 oz cheddar cheese soup (1 can)
  • 2 hot dogs, cut into penny thin slices
  1. Heat oven to 375 F
  2. Spread macaroni in oblong baking dish (10 x 16 x 1 1/2")
  3. Blend milk & Worcestershire sauce with soup in a bowl
  4. Pour over macaroni, stirring to mix well
  5. Arrange hot dog slices on top of macaroni & cheese
  6. Bake 25 mins or until mixture is hot and bubbly
Recent Recipe Modifications
Suggestions
I recommend using the toaster oven because:
  • I'm cooking for myself & the other few "dinner guests" that are here
  • They still all serve 4-6, depending on how you cut it
  • There are STILL leftovers
  • My entry about living in an apartment but trying to cut utility costs (click HERE to read it)
I use an 8x6x2 Pyres casserole dish, because it fits into my toaster oven
Oil or grease the casserole dish before you pour the mixture
My recipes above save cost at the grocery store because you make it more from scratch
There are less "preservatives" and "additives" in my recipes than a boxed meal

No comments:

Post a Comment