Dec 21, 2011

WTF Chili Stew

Okay...so here's yet another post about a recipe I came up with by simply opening up the pantry door and the fridge, and looking at what I had available to "throw together" for some meals. I named it WTF Chili Stew because of how I chose the ingredients, and that it turned out to be like a "Stew" because of how liquid it was, but was more along the lines of a "Chili."

This picture shows you the ingredients that I had to use. I downsized the portions since I was only really cooking for one. But, that gave me enough WTF Chili Stew for two meals. So, it could be for two people as well. Just make sure you add a side of fruit, and a nutritious beverage.


INGREDIENTS:
Old Bay Seasoning
Image via Wikipedia

  • 1/4 cup brown rice
  • Small can of Pork N Beans
  • 10.5 can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
  • 1/2 "log" of ground sausage (like the Bob Evans one)
  • Old Bay Seasoning
  • Italian Spices
  • Bag of tortilla chips
 DIRECTIONS:
  1. First, start the brown rice. That takes 50 minutes for the brand I use.
  2. Place the Pork N Beans and stewed tomatoes in a 2 quart saucepan and simmer.
  3. Slice sausage log into 1/4 slices and brown. Cut into bite sized pieces after browning.
  4. Add sausage to the bean pot.
  5. Sprinkle bean pot with Old Bay Seasoning and Italian Spices. Stir well and occasionally.
  6. When rice is done, add it to the bean pot.
  7. Add a little more Old Bay Seasoning, and stir well.
  8. Let simmer another 15 minutes. 
While that was finishing the simmering, I had enough time to wash all of the other pans and utensils that I used, so that made nearly all of the dishes done before dinner was enjoyed. When the final simmering was done, I spooned it into a bowl, grab the last of the tortilla chips I had, and sat down to enjoy by scooping my "chili stew" with the chips...

All I can say, IMHO, is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! It was good...and I'll make it again...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment