Dec 24, 2011

Scrabble Soup

I am hungry, but it is winter, so I want soup. I raided my pantry and the fridge and threw together this. I'll keep it simple to read, but it was awesome.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 Knorr's Vegetable Bouillon Cube
  • 1/3 cup Nishiki Brown Rice
  • 1 boneless, already cooked chicken breast, chopped to bite size
  • 1 can mixed vegetables (drained, rinsed)
Directions:
  1. Put all of the water, the bouillon cube, and rice in a 2 quart saucepan.
  2. Bring to a soft boil, and then simmer for 40 minutes.
  3. Add chicken bites, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
  4. Add drained & rinsed can of mixed vegetables, and simmer another 10 minutes.
  5. Put in a bowl, grab a spoon and enjoy.
It was actually filling, warm, and made my day...easy too...

No comments:

Post a Comment