Feb 27, 2012

Quick & Easy Chili

I needed something to eat but didn't want to make a "lot" of work to make it happen. The Quick & Easy Chili was the result of raiding the pantry and the fridge. So here goes.

Ingredients:
Quick & Easy Chili
  • 1 lbs. ground beef
  • 1/2 of a Bob Evans Sausage tube
  • 1 can of mixed vegetables, drained & rinsed
  • 1 can of light red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
  • 1 can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
  • Chili powder (as much as you want to add)
Directions:
  1. Brown the beef and sausage in a skillet, then drain
  2. Add meat, vegetables, beans, and diced tomatoes to a stock pot (I used a Dutch oven)
  3. Simmer for 2 hours
  4. Add chili powder and stir occasionally while simmering
  5. Serves 4-6 (depending on how big your servings are)
 Notes:
  • I added a cup of cooked peas I had in the fridge (from the night before)
  • I added a cup of cooked elbow macaroni I had in the fridge (from the night before)
  • I used the SWAG method (Scientific Wild A$$ Guess) when adding the chili powder a couple of times while it was simmering & I stirred it
  • I used the other 1/2 Bob Evans Sausage tube to make the sausage gravy that I mentioned in my Recipe Research entry, and poured it over the chili when I ate it. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment