Feb 8, 2012

Recipe Research

I am always searching for new ways to prepare meals. Normally I start searching at All Recipes.com (yes, I do have an account there and have stuffed my recipe box), but I also do random searches to find things that catch my attention. This time, I started with a simple search but discovered some AWESOME ideas that I just had to share... so here goes...

Bob Evans Sausage Gravy
Of all of the meals of the day, I LOVE breakfast foods most of all, followed by Italian dinners... Ask a roller derby friend of mine, Elektra Q-Tion about going to Perkins, Eat N Park, or a hole-in-the-wall diner for breakfast with me. One breakfast item that I particularly crave, is sausage gravy. So, I did a search for a decent recipe for it, and discovered some great things shared on the Bob Evans website, including their recipe for sausage gravy. Okay, yes, I'm sharing the Bob Evans Sausage Gravy recipe, with some minor personal edits in green, but please scroll down to read what else I have to say about their website.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound Bob Evans Sausage Roll (whatever flavor in the pantry or that you desire)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (unbleached white works best)
  • 2 cups milk (whole, 2%, and 1% work best, keep your eye on skim)
  • Salt & black pepper to taste (or whatever other herbs you want to add, I suggest Old Bay)
Directions:
  • Crumble and cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned. 
  • Stir in flour until dissolved (a small fork or whisk works better than a spoon)
  • Gradually stir in milk (whole, 2%, and 1% work best, keep your eye on skim)
  • Cook gravy until thick and bubbly (medium setting, any higher would set off the smoke alarm)
  • Season with salt and pepper (or whatever other herbs you want to add, I suggest Old Bay)
  • Serve hot over biscuits (or whatever you want to put it over)
  • Refrigerate leftovers (if you happen to HAVE any, LOL).
Personal Recommendations:
  • Use ground turkey and the sausage gravy over stuffing at Thanksgiving
  • Use the sausage gravy over tortillas wrapping scrambled eggs & bacon
  • Use it as sauce over ANY pasta
  • Make a pizza using this recipe as the sauce
  • Check out all of the Bob Evans recipes
  • Check out the 20 Recipes under $2 (per serving) recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment