Jan 28, 2012

Cinder Blocks

I live in an apartment and have a limited budget to furnish it. Fortunately, I have several friends that are in the construction business, so I can get as many cinder blocks as I want. Besides, they are fairly inexpensive at Home Depot or Lowe's. But, I came across yet another homesteading blog, and felt that it was important to share.

While I don't want to make a complete sofa like the one shown at the right, I am going to make a single seating version on my patio for less than $15. I have the cinder blocks already, they've been stacking up in my garage. I never knew what I would possibly use them for, but this blog entry got my mind working. I'll pick up some throw pillows from a local thrift store to complete the build. The only different thing I might do is to sew a canvas cover for the cinder blocks. Yeah, another blog entry is going to be generated because of this...stay tuned...watch this space...and become a follower on the right...LOL.

And yet, the other blog entry got my mind going even more. Check it out, there are some GREAT ideas there for a raised garden bed, picnic tables, some attractive planting options, and what to do with what you have stored up.

Happy homesteading...

No comments:

Post a Comment