Apr 2, 2012

Pepperoni Dot Casserole

The following is my most recent modification of the Polka Dot Macaroni & Cheese Casserole recipe. Why? Because I used my grandmother's advice to "use a recipe as a guideline, and raid your pantry & fridge to find out what you have to use." The ingredients are what I had available, and I have to say that it is was very yummy. I've also given you a list of my other recipes & suggestions based on this.

Pepperoni Dot Cheese Casserole (original)
  • 1 cup dry macaroni
  • 1 can of light kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 11 oz condensed cream of chicken soup (1 can)
  • 24 slices of pepperoni
  • 3 slices of cheese (Muenster because that is what I "had")
  1. Heat toaster oven to 375 F
  2. Macaroni cooks for 8-10 minutes, for last 5 mins, add the drained/rinsed beans to same pot
  3. Drain the macaroni & beans, pour the soup into the pot you used
  4. Add macaroni/bean mixture to pot & mix well using a slotted spatula
  5. Pour mixture into an 8x6x2 greased casserole dish
  6. Bake for 15 mins in toaster oven
  7. Place pepperoni (stacked in 2s) like below
  8. Place the cheese slices over that like below
  9. Bake 10 mins or until mixture is hot and bubbly like below
Stacked pepperoni stacks
Cheese layer
Finished dish
Serves 4-6, depending on how you cut it. Serve it with a tossed salad, some fruit, and a beverage.

Other Recipe Modifications
Suggestions
I recommend using the toaster oven because it helps cut utility costs (click HERE to read it)
I suggest using the slotted spatula to stir the pasta and mixing them because it is one less item you have to wash, since you'll use it to cut the casserole when done.
I mention using the stock pot for cooking the pasta, heating up the beans a little, and mixing in the soup because that reduces the number of pots & bowls that you have to wash, reduces the amount of electricity or gas to fire the stove, and makes things easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment