|2 finished mini pizzas|
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ¼ cup lukewarm water (105 F)
- 1 ½ TBSP olive oil
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all purpose flour (plus a little more)
- Italian herb mixes
- Sauce (you figure it out, buy it or make it)
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, stir the yeast into the warm water. Let stand about 10 mins until creamy.
- Stir in olive oil first, then add the cold water.
- Whisk in ½ cup of the flour until smooth (wire whisk).
- Stir in the remaining flour ½ cup at a time until the dough comes together (use a fork for this).
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and velvety (8-10 mins). Cover with a towel and let sit 15 mins.
- When adding herbs, in the last half of the kneading process, sprinkle some each time before you fold it.
- Divide into 2 balls to make 2, 9” pizzas or use as one large.Let sit for 1 hour.
Teaching my son how to toss pizza doughThen, press the dough until about ½ inch thick while preheating oven to 500 F.
- Stretch with the back of your hands or a rolling pin until you get the diameter you want, about ½" thick.
- Dust pizza sheet with corn meal, cover crust with sauce, cheese, and toppings, leaving 1 inch around the edge free for brushing with oil.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. on a baking stone (preheated with the oven) or a metal sheet
|Kneading the dough|