Okay, another family recipe that has never been written down, but I can't keep it to myself, that would be selfish. This is the recipe for my Grandma Rose's hamburgers. She taught it to me so I could learn to expand my ingredients into a way to feed more people, still have flavor, and be full of nutrition. Is how you can turn 1 pound of ground meat into a way to make 6 burgers that are about 1/3 of a pound, instead of 4 that are only 1/4 of a pound. Yes, I follow it with a few suggestions.Directions
- Wash your hands, take off jewelry and watches.
- Put the slice of bread on a plate or in a bowl. Soak it with the milk and let it soak.
- Put the meat in a large bowl.
- Crack the egg, and dump it over the meat.
- Place the soaked slice of bread over the meat.
- Knead mixture with bare hands, and sprinkle herbs over each layer before turning.
- Use hands to cut the mixture in half lengthwise, and then in thirds (to get the 6 patties).
- Form the patties and cook them on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill until they are done to the preferred taste. Then serve...
✔ Substitute a 2/3 cup of bread crumbs instead of the slice of bread
✔ Add 1/4 tsp. of smoke flavor sauce in the winter if cooked inside to make it taste like it was done outside.
✔ Hand press them to 1/4 pound in size and thickness to get 8 patties from 1 lbs. of meat
✔ Save at least one patty for the dog, they'll appreciate it
✔ When taking the slice of bread off of the plate of milk, lay a couple of Oreos on it to enjoy while grilling
✔ Use ground sausage instead of just ground beef, or combine them together to add flavor