Being a Sunday, and not much going on, I decided to make myself a brunch. I found the Sausage Egg Bake recipe from AllRecipes.com to base it on, had the ingredients in the fridge, so I decided to make it. I'm sharing the recipe here on my blog so you don't have to click on yet another link just to get to it. Yes, I took the original recipe and recalculated it so I could make it in the toaster oven. That is what is nice about All Recipes, that you can re-calculate the ingredients to fit the number of people that will be enjoying it. I modified the recipe a little to make it more Italian, and my notes appear in purple.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage (used Bob Evans Original Flavor)
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted (used cream of mushroom)
- 4-1/2 eggs (used 5)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons milk (used water instead, makes it fluffier)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (used a Mexican/Taco blend)
- Sprinkle of Italian blend herbs
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- In a (cast iron) skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper; stir in sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish (used a 7 x 8.5" dish). Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.