Nov 19, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 - Part V (Pumpkin Pie)

I'm jumping ahead a little here about Thanksgiving and addressing a pumpkin custard pie. I'll make another entry to discuss the turkey. The following is another family recipe that I got from Aunt Phyllis, who got it from my Great Grandma Eunice. I'll only pre-warn you that it is DELICIOUS and makes two 9" shallow pies or one heck of a deep dish one.

Ingredients
  • 1 large can Libby's Pumpkin (29 oz)
  • 1 can evaporated Carnation milk (12 oz)
  • 1 can of water (12 oz, use milk can)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 7 eggs slightly beaten
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 nine inch pie shells, unbaked
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly 
  2. Pour into pie shells
  3. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes
  4. Set oven to 350 F and bake 45 - 55 minutes until toothpick is clean from center

No comments:

Post a Comment